For the installation of our Software for fluid management, you must first be sure that you have the minimum requirements to perform the installation of the software. Otherwise, you should contact your Network Administrator.
In case you have a default browser other than Internet Explorer, such as Mozilla or Chrome, you may experience some problems with the Autorun installation. The solutions can be as follows:
1. define Internet Explorer as the default browser of your OS and launch the Autorun again
2. open the content of the installation CD with the File Manager, open the folder called “Materials”, then the folder “Software”. Run the executable file Setup.exe (for this last step, make sure that you have the minimum requirements to proceed with this operation, otherwise contact your Network Administrator).
The possible reasons are as follows:
- The databases have been already packed; In this case, the old data are definitely lost
- An incompatible version of the editor Crystal Report is installed; In this case: the only solution is to uninstall the software and to proceed with a brand new installation (it is recommended to save the “Data” folder to be used with the new installation)
- The software is utilized by a standard user without the necessary requirements of the Network Administrator; therefore the previous data were saved in a different location than the standard one : C:\\Program Files(x86)\Self Service\Data\Self.mdb .
For the last problem, we suggest the following solution:
- Search the database on your PC Self.mdb with particular attention to the virtual path: C:\Users\<user-name>\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\
- Paste the previous database Self.mdb to the location C:\\Program Files(x86)\Self Service\Data\
- Select the icon of the executable file Self Service Management with the right mouse button, select “Properties”, select “Advanced” and flag the option “Run as Administrator”.